Glamping at Carrowmena
Always wanted to camp but didn't want the hassle of pitching a tent? Well look no further. Glamping has just got bigger at Carrowmena, one of the first recognised sites in Northern Ireland.
Glamorous Camping………Aka ‘Glamping’
Now you can enjoy a hassle free night away in our heated, secure, cosy, eco-friendly ‘Glamping Pods’ in an area of outstanding natural beauty, at the foot of Binevenagh Mountain in the beautiful Roe Valley.
We have 6 x Glamping Pods available for Families & Adults Groups to enjoy a stay with us.
- Families: (2 Adults & 3 Kids) £70 per night per Cocoon
- Adult Groups: (4 Adults) £80 per night per Cocoon
Extra: Child – £5 per night, Adult – £10 per night
What we provide –
- Amazing Views of Binevenagh
- Secure lockable heated Pods
- Comfortable cushions/mattress to sit/sleep on
- Bench area, under bed storage
- 2 x Plug sockets(low voltage)
- Dustbins & dustpan/brush
- Inside & outside light
- Inside & outside coat hooks
- Outside shoe rack
- Own Picnic Bench with BBQ area
- Camp Fire Pit
- FREE Car Parking bedside pod
- FREE WIFI access
- FREE tea & coffee facilities – Glitchen
- Child Friendly environment
- Recycle Bins
- Outside toilet & coin operated shower block
- Dish washing area – hot & cold water
- Fresh drinking Water
- Glitchen – Communal Fridge, Freezer, Kettle, Toaster, Microwave, 2 x ring cooker
- Onsite Snack Shop (see we sell)
- Wide range of Wet & Dry Activities for all ages – advised to BOOK in advance
What you need to bring –
- Sleeping bag
- Extra blankets (for around camp fire if cold)
- Warm clothes
- Toiletries, towels etc
- Wellies/old trainers (for wet time of the year)
- Sense of Adventure
- Camera for those memories
We Sell –
Disposable BBQs: £5
Firewood: £5 per bag
Marshmallows & skewers: £1.50
…plus a wide range of sweets, chocolate, crisps & cold drinks.
We Hire –
Sleeping Bags & Pillows can be rented out for £7pp per night. Ask staff for details.
Tents from £10pp
Check in –
Between 3pm – 7pm (we require prior notice for late check-in which is charged at £10)
Check Out –
Before 11am (a £10 per hour charge will occur for late check out)
Check out the link for more info pictures
Available on request if groups are 12+ people. Dietary requirements can be catered for.
What to do with Kids –
Kids under the ages of 4 years can watch others taking part in the Activities, parents can take part in activities and bring young children along with them, we have a swing and football nets for all those kids with lots of extra energy that needs to be burnt off before bed time!!!
There are lots of trails that kids can walk/cycle along with parents around the Carrowmena Area, we provide maps at Reception
See link for ‘What to Do’ in the area
Dogs must be kept on a lead at ALL times & are NOT allowed in the Pods, owners must bring cages for pets to sleep in cars at night
- Snack Shop – selling logs, BBQ’s, sweets, crisps, chocolate & cold drinks
- Communal BBQ and picnic area
- Patio area
- Camp fire pit with each Pod
- Toilet and Shower Block within from 30 – 100 metres (depending on what pod you are staying in)
- Wide range of wet & dry on/offsite Activities for all ages
- Maps of local Walking Trails
Toilet/Shower Block –
Toilet Block: 2 x Males Toilets & 3 x Female Toilets
Shower Block: 4 x Coin Operated Showers accepts 20p & £1 coins ONLY
FULL payment is required at time of booking.
CARD DETAILS will be required on arrival as a security deposit, this will be returned upon check out providing the key is returned and there is no damage, graffiti or removal of Carrowmena property.
Respect other Glampers & Campers. We ask for quiet between 11pm – 8am.
There must be 1 responsible adult staying in the Pod per group who is over the age of 21 years., if this is not the case Carrowmena reserves the right to cancel booking with no refund.
NO electric cooking equipment to be used in the Pods, there is an outdoor Glitchen if required.
NO fireworks or fire lanterns permitted anywhere on the Glamping/Camping Site.
Smoking inside the Pods is strictly prohibited.
We allow a small amount of alcohol to be consumed in the Pods ONLY & ask for quiet after 11pm (otherwise group may be asked to leave) All 6 Cocoons can be booked by 1 party for private use.
Carrowmena Activity Centre are not responsible for any damage or theft of personal belongings, so please do not leave any valuables outside your cocoon or tent if you go offsite.
ONLY Firewood purchased onsite can be burned in the Fire Pits, NO COAL
Please DO NOT use any branches, timber or other items you may find around Carrowmena.
BBQs to be placed on metal slate on picnic tables provided.
Glamping Pods are your home for the night so please treat them well. They must be left in the same condition as per check in. They must be left clean, tidy & free of rubbish. Use appropriate bins provided.
The Shower & Toilet blocks are to be kept clean & tidy. Use bins provided.
Infants under the ages of 4 year old go FREE
Children are between 4 years – 16 years
Children MUST be supervised at all times especially around open fires and the grass area & play at their own risk.
Carrowmena Activity Centre take NO responsibility for any personal injury sustained while Glamping, using campfires pits & BBQ.
More than 14 Days notice full refund (NB there will be a £10 Admin fee charged)
More than 7 Days notice we can offer a change of date.
Less than 7 Days notice NO refund
IF ANYONE OR ANYONE WITHIN THE GROUP FAILS TO ADHERE TO ANY OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY LOOSE YOUR DEPOSIT AND THE RIGHT TO ANY REFUNDS AND IN EXTREME CASES BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
*NB – Please note Booking.com terms and conditions are different *