Job Title – Multi Activity Instructor
Responsible to – Management Team
3 Positions – Long Season 8 months (March – October)
Short Season 4 months (May – August)
Casual (All year adhoc)
Salary – TBC depending on qualifications
15 Sessions per week from the following sessions
AM session/ PM session / EVEN session/Overnight duty
The successful candidates will work a variety of sessions throughout the week, weekend and unsociable hours including overnight duty. They will work closely with the management team to deliver the broad spectrum of Carrowmena’s outdoor programmes and activities.
- To deliver and coach all outdoor and indoor wet and dry, on and offsite activity sessions, as directed by the management team.
- To instruct and assist with the delivery of the wide range of activities in line with Carrowmena’s working standards and policies
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness of all equipment and all areas of the centre
- To meet and great new customers to Carrowmena from groups staying within the centre to family and corporate groups staying in the Glamping Accommodation.
- To assist with the cleaning and turnover of all accommodation provided by Carrowmena
- To be responsible for the all elements including setting up and taking down of session equipment, monitoring of equipment, record keeping
- To undertake maintenance and repair of centre equipment as and when necessary.
- To organise programmes of activities that promote and encourage participation and responsibility.
- To instruct groups in the safe procedures and careful usage of equipment
- To undertake any administration necessary to ensure the smooth running of programmes or activities, services and facilities.
- To contribute to the overall aims of Carrowmena and assist in the other areas of the business as required.
Two years’ experience working in a busy outdoor centre
Have a passion for the outdoors and a can do attitude
A professional manner when working with groups and dealing with queries and problems that arise on site.
Confidence in working both in a team and independently and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Must have a current full driving license
Up to date 16-hour first aid qualification
At least two of the listed qualifications:
- Single Pitch Assessment
- MLTE Climbing Wall
- UKCC L 1 Coach
- Mountain Leader Award
- High Ropes Instructor
- SUP Instructor
- Archery Award
Experience working at events and a good knowledge of running and setting up events
Creative and a good working knowledge of Microsoft programmes
Photography and editing programmes
This post involves a flexible-working pattern, which will include evening, weekend and overnight work. It may involve long shifts and overtime will be TOIL. Accommodation is available.
To Apply for Multi Activity Instructor – Send your CV complete with a Cover Letter to Kieran@carrowmena.co.uk outlining how you need the Essential Criteria