** Maize Maze is closed for the 2016 season… Will reopen Aug 2017 – Keep your eyes peeled for more info.. **
Night Maize Maze Opening Friday 2nd September 2016
Yes guys it’s the time of Year for the ‘Night Maize Maze’
2016’s amazing crop allowed us to open the Day Maize Maze during August 2016…
But September will see the return of the ‘Spooky Night Maize Maze’
We hope to run this to the middle of October weather permitting.
1 track in & 1 track out…..will you choose the correct path or will you be lost in the deep dark depth of the Maize Maze!!!! With more dead ends and mind confusing paths this is sure to be the best Maize Maze to date!!!!
Dates & Opening Times (NB not the same every week)
As we get a lot of groups in for the ‘Night Maize Maze’ each night will have different times for different groups, see below:
Night Maize Maze – Fridays Nights…..
- Friday 2nd September – Families 6:30-7:30pm, Youth & Adults 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Friday 9th September – Families 6:30-7:30pm, Youth & Adults 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Friday 16th September – Families 6:30-7:30pm, Youth & Adults 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Friday 23rd September – Families 6:30-7:30pm, Youth & Adults 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Friday 30th September – Families 6:30-7:30pm, Youth & Adults 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Friday 7th October – Families 6:30-7:30pm, Youth & Adults 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Friday 14th October – Families 6:30-7:30pm, Youth & Adults 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Friday 21st October – Families 6:30-7:30pm, Youth & Adults 7:30pm-9:00pm
Open Saturday 10am-5pm
NB closed Sundays
Price – £3.50pp or £12per Family (up to 5 persons)
No 1 Questions? How long does it take??
The Maize Maze can take anything between 45 mins – 2 hours, it depends how lucky or unlucky your are!!!
- Group bookings MUST be booked in advance & have filled out a ‘Booking Form’
- On booking Groups will be allocated a 1.5 hour slot. If members are not out within the allotted time, a group leader must go & help them to exit the Maize Maze
- We require a minimum of 20 persons to run Night Maize Maze on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur or Sat Night
- Participants under the age of 14 years will require 1 leader to go with each group, this leader is responsible for getting them out of the Maize Maze
- Price is £3.50pp
What to Bring:
- Wellies/old trainers
- Old clothes
- Waterproof Jacket
- Money for snack shop
- Friends & Family
- Sense of adventure
Maize Maze Rules:
This is a working farm so you ‘MUST’ adhere to the below rules:
- Participants MUST stick to paths @ ALL time, failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the site
- NO removing Corn from the Maize Maze field, NB this is not for human consumption, can make you very ill
- NO throwing corn as this can cause serious harm to other people
- NO Smoking onsite
- NO Littering onsite, bins are provided
- NO bags allowed in the Maize Maze
- NO Alcohol/Drugs to be brought or consumed onsite
- Participants MUST stick together in groups at all times
- 1 entry per person
- We recommend personal belongs are put in a zipped pocket or left at home
- Under 14 years MUST be accompanied by an adultParticipants MUST let a member of Carrowmena staff know they have exited the Maize Maze
Terms & Conditions:
The Maize Maze is located on a working farm which may contain inherent risks:
- The Maize Maze is in a field so appropriate clothing must be worn, ie wellies, old clothes, water proof jacket & bring a torch.
- Risks include tripping & slipping in the muck & rain, getting lost in the dark (bring torch)
- You will get LOST its a large 13 acre field………
- Carrowmena Staff are on hand to help if people are not out of the Maize Maze after 2 hours
- Carrowmena is not responsible for what happens in the Night Maize Maze, we can go in and sort out whats happening but as this is a large 3 acre field we can not see everything that goes on.
- The Maize Maze can be scary so we ask that Leaders & Parents go with any girls under the age of 14 years to guide their group through the Night Maize Maze
- 1.5 hour time slot for the Maize Maze will be given for each group.
- If participants are under the age of 14 years they will required to have a Adult go in with them, this Adult is responsible for getting them all out of the Maize Maze, if the group have no adult then they will be refused entry
- NB youths must be picked up before 10:20pm as centre closes @ 10:30pm
- If group members are not out of the Maize Maze within their allocated time slot group leaders MUST go & help them exit the Maize Maze.
- Anyone seen to be causing danger to other participants will be asked to leave.
- Carrowmena Activity Centre are not responsible for any damage or theft of personal belongings, so please do not leave any valuables unattended.