CARROWMENA ARE RECRUITING FOR 2020
Are you interested in a new adventure, an enjoyable job, meeting new people every day and working no two days the same?
If so, we are running a voluntary induction weekend on Friday 24th January – Saturday 25th January 2020.
Everyone is welcome – the weekend is completely voluntary and in return will include activities, accommodation for the night and all meals, if required.
Confirmation of attendance is required before Friday 17th January 2020 by 12 noon. If would you like the opportunity to join team Carrowmena contact us now.
To confirm your attendance email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and finer details you can call us on 028 777 63431 with any queries.
Now for the finer detail…
WHAT WILL THE WEEKEND ENTAIL?
This is an assessment weekend which will allow candidates to attend the centre to get a feel for Carrowmena and what the job entails. It will also allow everyone to meet our current staff and mix together as a team. Everyone will participate in our activities which allows the management team to review performance and personalities then short list candidates for future training and for possible employment to various available roles for the year ahead (Includes casual, part time, and full time posts for Instructors, Coffee pod staff, Office staff and more).
We have over 10 years in business and 2020 is set to be our busiest year to date. Due to the nature of the work that Carrowmena offers, ongoing training is carried out throughout the year as training is an essential part of the job. This is not your average 9 to 5 job, and you will never have two days the same. We operate in all weather conditions so please come prepared.
WHAT YOU GET FROM IT?
Employment opportunities for staff start on a casual basis leading to part-time or full time during peak season. We have over 20 different outdoor activities ranging from water sports to high rope-based activities. All of which you will get to experience throughout employment. We have a vast range of clientele and you will get experience working with vast range of people and the community. Previous employees have gained the experience, skills and confidence needed to gain further and future qualifications, has enhanced their CV, which in return has led to future employment.
*Please note; attendance does not guarantee employment
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU;
- Attend training
- Work outside in all weathers
- Be enthusiastic
- Have a ‘can do’ positive attitude
- Be able to work in a team
- Be a people person (communication is key)
- Punctuality and flexibility
DRAFTED ITINERARY FOR THE WEEKEND;
Friday -7pm – Meet and greet over tea & coffee
– Welcome & introduction to Carrowmena Activity Centre
8pm – Evening activity outdoors
Saturday 8am – Breakfast
9am – AM Wet Activities
1pm – Lunch
2pm – PM onsite activities
5pm – Dinner
Debrief and finish
PROPOSED KIT LIST (weather dependent come prepared);
- Warm clothes – hat scarf gloves, coat and plenty of layers
- Day ruck sack (any size)
- Wet gear – water footwear, swimming attire, towel,
- Toiletries (for showering and if staying)
- Medication (is required MUST be brought)
- Sleeping bag (if you have one)
- Suitable footwear for all terrain
- First aid kit (if you have one)
- All safety equipment required for activities
- Wet suits, buoyancy aids/life jackets & helmets
- Qualified instructors
- Changing rooms, toilet block and showers onsite
- A weekend of good craic and great memories that will last a life time!
Pictures are of previous staff training and team building adventure days.