Monthly Archives: July 2020
*Please read and understand our ‘New Procedures & Restrictions’ before your arrival with us*
New Procedures & Restriction DURING COVID-19
Over the past weeks our staff have been busy deep cleaning the facilities and will continue to do so on an regular basis throughout the day. Glamping Pods & Bell Tents are privately booked. We ask that each family respects their neighbours and adheres to social distancing. All accommodation is deep cleaned between each group/family. Our communal areas like toilets, showers, kitchen, glitchen and Coffee Pod are cleaned on a regular basis throughout the day and have a restricted capacity. We ask groups to wash hands on entering and exiting the communal areas. We have a Catch it, Bin it, Kill it, approach and have signage around the site.
We all need to take person responsibility for ourselves & others. On arrival at Carrowmena we ask guests to sanitise their hands and fill out a Terms and Conditions for staying onsite (everyone MUST have this filled out and sent back to the office before their stay commences). Signage around the site is a reminder for guests to wash their hands throughout the day especially after being in our communal areas. If any of our guests feel any of the symptoms coming on, they must leave the site as soon as possible and seek Medical Advice. We ask that if anyone or any family member has had ANY symptoms of COVID-19 in the last two weeks that you DO NOT attend Carrowmena.
Information is changing every day and we will continue to monitor this.
We hope you can understand that as a small business in the Leisure Industry we (like many others) are feeling the effects. We are trying our best to facilitate requests, but this is not always possible. If something is not to your liking during your stay or you have any recommendations, always contact us the centre directly first at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can come to an appropriate solution. This is new for everyone. Complaints should always be made in writing via our e-mail address email@example.com by the main booker.
Also remember this is a time to all stick together and support friends and family, we want customers to come onsite with a positive attitude to enjoy their stay, together we will come out of this stronger than ever!!!
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS COVID-19
Due to the current situation caused by COVID-19, we have had to deviate from the services we normally provide. Unfortunately, as a result of the financial effects COVID-19 has had on the business & the government’s social distance guidelines, we regrettably will not be in a position to offer any of our additional onsite Activities for the 2020 Season.
Our Maize Maze will be opening Sat 11 July 2020- https://carrowmena.co.uk/activities/maize-maze/
We are also offering complimentary Orienteering for all our guests, we have our Kids Play Park, Table tennis table, 2 x large areas for games, football nets, lots to keep the kids entertained.
We ask all customers to respect social distancing during their entire stay, masks can be worn as own personal preference but will not be available to buy. Toilet block and showers will be open but at a restricted capacity, only 2 customers or 1 family in each block at one time. The glitchen is also restricted in capacity and we will advise you on your allocated time for breakfast in the pre-arrival email. We ask that you try to stick to this as much as possible. There will be half an hour from 10.30-11am for anyone who has missed their slot and to clean up after yourselves. Glichen will be closed 11am – 3pm for cleaning.
There will be sanitiser at each communal area. Please use it on entry and exit of each area. We do ask customers to take responsibility of their own hygiene, sanitisation, and safety as well. If desired, please use the sprays and cleaning equipment provided.
Due to the nature and size of our business we will not have someone manning the toilets and communal areas, so we require all persons to be as responsible as possible and adhere to these rules and regulations. There will be signage as a reminder.
The situation can change at any time, so our measures may change at any time, even after your booking. If you are not happy with the measures in place, we ask you to refrain from booking until these measures are relaxed. This will allow you to enjoy your glamping experience to its full potential. We are open for recommendations and suggestions on how to improve anything onsite. Don’t hesitate to contact our customer service for the latest update.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
After payment of the full invoice amount, you will receive a confirmation email from ourselves. You do not need to print this out for arrival, please make sure you have confirmed your number of adults and children in the party and that your email address is correct. We will send a pre-arrival email prior to your stay. In which you MUST fully read and understand for checking in. When arriving on site you are automatically agreeing to the terms and conditions and to a security deposit of £100 per accommodation if any terms are breached. It is your permission to keep the secure credit/debit card details until check out. The pre arrival email will contain details and instructions to inform you of which accommodation you are staying in and how to get to it.
Upon arrival, please drive carefully around the site, speed limit of 5MPH. You can check in strictly between 15.00 (3PM) & 19:00 (7PM) After checking in, you are responsible to familiarise yourself and adhere to the indicated safety instructions and signage around the site.
On the day of departure, check out is Strictly before 11 AM, this in connection with the cleaning of the accommodations. If this is not the case, there will be a late check out fee of £20. Please let a member of staff in the coffee pod know you are departing.
OUR USUAL CANCELLATION POLICY: Please read the website information under which accommodation you have booked.
FULL payment is required at time of booking for ALL Accommodation.
For Glamping and Bell Tents;
More than 30 Days notice full refund will be given (NB there will be a £10 Admin fee charged)
Less than 14 Days notice we can ONLY offer a change of date (new date must be confirmed within 24 hours from request – £10 administration fee will apply)
Less than 7 Days notice NO refund NO reschedule
*NB – Please note Booking.com terms and conditions are different *
If it becomes necessary for you to cancel your booking tell us immediately by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Guests must be respectful of the location and nature of the site. Loud noise and nuisance will not be tolerated at any time and all noise must be kept to a minimum at 11pm. Unamplified acoustic music, and small battery powered speakers cannot be used after 11pm. Although the site is remote, noise does travel easily in the open air and under Canvas, so please be respectful of nearby residents. Guests who in our reasonable opinion are causing nuisance, may be required to immediately leave the site. When arriving on site you are automatically agreeing to the terms and conditions and to a security deposit of £100 per accommodation if any terms are breached.
Occupancy of a Bell tents must not exceed 5 adults or 2 adults and up to 3 children (in some accommodation we can add a 4th small child, please prearrange). The Deluxe Bell Tent Carrowmena can only sleep 2 adults 2 children. We reserve the right to decline accommodation and/or ask you to leave the site at any time if your numbers exceed this. The booking will then be deemed cancelled with full loss of payment.
Communal areas and kitchen
If you are using the communal kitchen to store and cook food/drink, please make sure that there is enough space in the fridge for other glampers to use. Please adhere to social distancing and be as quick and efficient as possible to allow other customers use.
Please remember you are staying in a countryside camping environment which may have live animals and other hazards. Some camping equipment can be dangerous if misused. The proprietor accepts no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage sustained by any resident, their family, visitors, animals, vehicle or personal effects however caused. Please do not leave children unaccompanied in the playpark area. Guests should acknowledge that glamping involves exposure to nature, including insects and wildlife. The design of the tents helps keep them at bay, but guests should take sensible precautions and we will not be liable for harm arising from such natural phenomena. Please note that our sites are in the open countryside therefore hay fever sufferers are advised to take anti-histamines.
Guests will be held responsible for any fire, damage or alteration to the structure caused by negligence.
Any damage or breakages which may occur must be paid for. Small accidental damages or breakages of a minor nature may not be charged, depending on damage, but you are required to report all breakage and damage to the owners at the time or before you leave the glamping site.
We are a glamping site located in Northern Ireland and therefore the temperature can drop especially through-out the day and night as well as the weather changing unexpectedly. We do not refund in the event of cold weather but do ask all guests to bring warm clothing, extra blankets and hot water bottles for their own comfort.
In extreme weather Glamping Carrowmena reserves the right to close the venue. No refund will be given if the site is unable to open due to extreme weather and if we feel the venue has become unsafe. Alternative dates will be offered for your payment to be set against and you can re-book for a future date.
We ask you take off your footwear inside the tents.
Please do not use any lighting, or heating equipment unless provided by Carrowmena for this purpose. Please do not use any fire, candle or other naked flames, or cooking or gas appliances inside the tents. When the tent is unoccupied, keep it closed, dry and secure and in particular close any door fastenings.
Please do not tamper with the structure or any part of the equipment and in particular not affix or suspend any item from the tent.
Smoking is not permitted inside the tents under any circumstances. Smoking outdoors is permitted but please collect any cigarette butts and dispose of them appropriately.
ORIGINAL T&Cs OUTLINED ON WEBSITE WHICH STILL STAND
See link for Bell Tent information – https://carrowmena.co.uk/bell-tents/
See link for Glamping Information – https://carrowmena.co.uk/glamping-derry-londonderry/
MUST BE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTOOD
**We are a Family Camp Site**
- FULL payment is required at time of booking for ALL Accommodation
- CARD DETAILS will be required on arrival as means of a security deposit, this will be discarded upon check-out providing there is no damage, graffiti or removal of Carrowmena property
- Respect other Glampers, Campers, Bell Tenters & Hostlers. We ask for quiet between 11pm – 8am
- There must be 1 responsible adult staying in the Pod per group who is over the age of 21 years. If this is not the case Carrowmena reserves the right to cancel booking with no refund
- Heaters in Glamping Pods must be switched off when not in use
- NO electric cooking equipment to be used in the Pods, there is a Glitchen if required
- NO fireworks or fire lanterns permitted anywhere on Site
- NO Smoking inside & around the Glamping Pods – this is strictly prohibited
- We allow a small amount of alcohol to be consumed inside the Glamping Pods ONLY & ask for quiet at 11pm (if this is not adhered to the whole group will be asked to leave) If there is a disturbance of the peace the police will be called. If guests arrive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the whole group will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- Carrowmena Activity Centre is not responsible for any damage or theft of personal belongings, so please do not leave any valuables inside/outside your Glamping Pod if you go offsite
- ONLY Firewood purchased onsite can be burned in the Fire Pits, NO COAL
- Please DO NOT use any branches, timber or other items you may find around Carrowmena for fire wood
- BBQs to be placed on metal plates provided on Picnic Tables
- Glamping Pods are your home for the night so please treat them well. They must be left in the same condition as per check in. They must be left clean, tidy & free of rubbish. Use appropriate bins provided.
- The Shower & Toilet blocks are to be kept clean & tidy. Use bins provided.
- Children are between the ages of 4 years – 16 years for Accommodation
- Children MUST be supervised at ALL times especially around open fires. Children play at their own risk so we expect parents to know where their kids are at 24/7
- Carrowmena Activity Centre take NO responsibility for any personal injury sustained outside Activity times especially while using BBQ’s or Fire Pits. We are here to advise if unsure regarding any of our Terms & Conditions
- NB if looking to book for a Stag/Hen Party/Adult Party you must contact the office to discuss/make the booking. We are a Family Friendly Centre so availability will be limited. If the party haven’t given the office prior notice unfortunately we have the right to refuse your stay.
Additional Terms & Conditions: (these will require a signature on pre-arrival document)
We want the best for our customers staying at Carrowmena Activity & Glamping Centre and for them to relax and have an enjoyable stay with us.
Our site rules and guidelines are to assist with the smooth running of the centre and to take away the worries and hassle, customers are to respect other guest privacy while staying with us.
To reinforce some of these terms and conditions we are now adding a security deposit of £100 per accommodation which can be kept should the following terms & conditions be breached:
- Damage to accommodation, grounds and facilities will not be accepted beyond the limits of daily wear and tear
- An acceptable standard of behaviour is expected at all times
- We have a strict noise policy. This means music, stereos, musical instruments, shouting, singing, or any significant noise that disturbs the stay of other – noise to be kept to a minimum between 11:00pm – 8:00am
- Any abusive language will not be tolerated to staff or guest alike
- Any behaviour likely to led to a breach of the peace will not be tolerated
- Management reserve the right to ask people to leave the site at any time
- Carrowmena Activity and Glamping Centre operates CCTV 24/7
- If the terms and conditions have been breached zero refunds will be allocated
- Continuous breaches will result in the appropriate authorities being contacted and evacuated from the site.
We look forward to your visit to Carrowmena.