Camping at Carrowmena
Take the Family on an unforgettable Adventure and pitch your Tent under the stars at Carrowmena this Summer £24 per Pitch
Please try entering https://graph.facebook.com/932208513516133/photos?fields=source,link,name,images,album&limit=1000 into your URL bar and seeing if the page loads.
**We are a Family Camp Site **
Want to sleep under the star with ‘Family* but not sure how or where to start? Well you have come to the right place…… as Carrowmena Activity Centre offer the best facilities for our Campers……
8 x Camping Pitches
Group Camping: ie BB, GB, Guides or Scouts etc we will cater for your needs include Activities Packages, meals call the office for more info on our Prices/Packages.
Please note: Campers are not permitted to have Fires/Pits
Pricing Own Tent-
- Family Camping Pitch: £24 (2 Adults & 3 Kids) Pitch size is 3m x 3m if larger you will require 2 x pitches
- Individual persons from 1 persons – 3 persons MUST book 1 Camping Pitch (3 persons to a pitch)
There is NO price for individual campers – 1 Tent = 1 Pitch @ £24, if Tent bigger than 3m x 3m you will require an additional pitch at the price of £24.
Full Payments is required at Time of Booking.
- Amazing Views of Binevenagh
- FREE Car Parking
- FREE WIFI access
- Child Friendly environment with kids play area
- Waste Recycle Area
- Toilet Block & FREE Warm Showers
- Glitchen (communal area) – Fully equipped Kitchen, Fridge, Kettles, Toasters, Microwave, Electric Oven, Hobs, crockery, cutlery provided, high chair (time slots will be given to guests)
- Onsite Coffee Pod & Snack Shop
Inflatable Assault Course & Orienteering – will be running every night in Summer Months * from 7pm – 9pm. You can BOOK this on arrival, price is £3.50pp per activity. (not available 2020 Season)
Check out our ‘Camping Picture’
What you need to bring –
- Sleeping bag
- Roll mat
- Warm Clothes
- Wellies/old trainer (for wet time of the year)
- All Food
- Extra Blankets
- Friends (with good banter of course)
- Camera for those memories
Equipment Hire –
- Roll Matt – £2pp
- Pillow – £2pp
- Sleeping Bag – £5pp
- Disposable BBQs: £5
- Firewood: £5 per bag
- Smores Kit: £2.50
- Camp Fire Kit: £7.50
New Coffee Pod – Visit our Coffee Pod for a cup of coffee and a wide range of Hot & Cold Drinks, Sweets, Chocolate & Crisps etc
Where to eat:
The Local Pub is a 3 minute drive away from the centre offer fantastic local food and great pints See more info
Limavady is a 5 minute drive away and has a wide range of local shops, cafes & take aways
Check in –
Between 3pm – 7pm (early check in is not available)
Check Out –
Before 11am (a £10 per hour charge will occur for late check out)
What to do with Kids –
We have a designated Kids Play Area onsite which includes swings, monkey bars, tunnels, sandpit, small climbing wall & football nets for all those kids with lots of extra energy.
We provide table tennis for guests to use, we have 2 x large grass areas for games, football nets
There are lots of trails that kids can walk/cycle along with parents around the Carrowmena Area, we can provide maps at Reception
See link for ‘What to Do’ in the area
Our site is Pet Friendly, Dogs must be kept on a lead at ALL times & any foul lifted immediately. However our Accommodation is NOT pet friendly, alternative sleeping arrangements MUST be arranged, previous guest have brought cages for pets to sleep in cars at night – No Exceptions – Fines will occur
- Coffee Pod – selling a selection of Coffee/Hot Drinks, traybakes, sweets, crisps, chocolate & cold drinks, logs, BBQs & smore kits etc
- Communal BBQ & Camp Fire Area
- 2 x Communal large sheltered Picnic Areas
- Toilets & Warm Shower Block
- Glitchen – (see above)
- A wide range of Wet & Dry On & Offsite Activities for all ages
- Kids Play Area (see above)
- Maps of local walking trails
- FREE Car parking
- FREE Wifi
Newly Refurbished in 2020 Toilet/Shower Block –
Toilet Block: 2 x Males, 3 x Urinals, 3 x Females & 1 x Disabled/Baby Changing Toilet
Shower Block: 6 x Warm Showers
Changing Area – Separate Male & Female
(All above are Accessible 24/7)
MUST BE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTOOD
**We are a Family Camp Site**
FULL payment is required at time of booking for Camping
CARD DETAILS will be required on arrival as means of a security deposit, this will be discarded upon check-out providing there is no damage, graffiti or removal of Carrowmena property
Respect other Glampers, Campers, Bell Tenters & Hostlers. We ask for quiet between 11pm – 8am
There must be 1 responsible adult staying in the Tent per group who is over the age of 21 years, if this is not the case Carrowmena reserves the right to cancel booking with no refund.
NO fireworks or fire lanterns permitted anywhere on Site
NO Smoking inside & around the Camping Area – this is strictly prohibited
We allow a small amount of alcohol to be consumed inside your Tents ONLY & ask for quiet after 11pm (otherwise group may be asked to leave) All pitches can be booked by 1 party for private use (this does not mean you will have sole use of the entire site)
If hiring Tents/Equipment from Carrowmena we operate a NO ALCOHOL Policy
Carrowmena Activity Centre are not responsible for any damage or theft of personal belongings, so please do not leave any valuables outside/inside your tent if you go offsite.
Campers are NOT permitted to have camp fires
BBQs to be placed on metal slate on picnic tables provided in the communal Glitchen Area
The Shower & Toilet blocks are to be kept clean & tidy. Use bins provided.
Children are between the ages of 4 years – 16 years for Accommodation
Children MUST be supervised at ALL times especially around open fires. Children play at their own risk so we expect parents to know where their kids are at 24/7
Carrowmena Activity Centre take NO responsibility for any personal injury sustained outside Activity times especially while using BBQ’s. We are here to advise if unsure regarding any of our Terms & Conditions
NB if looking to book for a Stag/Hen Party/Adult Party you must contact the office to discuss/make the booking. We are a Family Friendly Centre so availability will be limited. If the party haven’t given the office prior notice unfortunately we have the right to refuse your stay.
Additional Terms & Conditions (these will require a signature on arrival)
We want the best for our customers staying at Carrowmena Activity & Glamping Centre and for them to relax and have an enjoyable stay with us.
Our site rules and guidelines are to assist with the smooth running of the centre and to take away the worries and hassle, customers are to respect other guest privacy while staying with us.
To reinforce some of these terms and conditions we are now adding a security deposit of £100 per accommodation which can be kept should the following terms & conditions be breached.
- Damage to accommodation, grounds and facilities will not be accepted beyond the limits of daily wear and tear.An acceptable standard of behaviour is expected at all times
- We have a strict noise policy. This means music, stereos, musical instruments, shouting, singing, or any significant noise that disturbs the stay of other – noise to be kept to a minimum after 11:00pm to 08:00am
- Any abusive language will not be tolerated to staff or guest alike
- Any behaviour likely to led to a breach of the peace will not be tolerated
- Management reserve the right to ask people to leave the site at any time
- Carrowmena Activity and Glamping Centre operates CCTV 24/7
- If the terms and conditions have been breached zero refunds will be allocated
- Continuous breaches will result in the appropriate authorities being contacted and evacuated from the site.
More than 30 Days notice full refund (NB there will be a £10 Admin fee charged)
More than 7 Days notice we can offer a change of date (new date must be confirmed within 24 hours from requesting).
Less than 7 Days notice NO refund