Glamping at Carrowmena
Always wanted to camp but didn't want the hassle of pitching a tent? Well look no further. Glamping has just got bigger at Carrowmena, one of the first recognised sites in Northern Ireland.
Glamping Derry Londonderry Northern Ireland
Now you can enjoy a hassle free night away in our heated, secure, cosy, eco-friendly ‘Glamping Pods’ in an area of outstanding natural beauty, at the foot of Binevenagh Mountain in the beautiful Roe Valley.
We have 6 x Glamping Pods available for Families & Adults Groups to enjoy a stay with us.
Maximum Capacity – We recommend:
- Families: 2 Adults & 3 Kids per Pod
- Adult Groups: 4 Adults per Pod
Price: Family from £50 (dependent on date/availability)
Adults – £80 per Pod per night
- Amazing Views of Binevenagh
- Staff who go out of their way to make your stay that extra bit special
- Secure lockable heated Pods
- Comfortable cushions/mattress to sit/sleep on
- Bench area, under bed storage
- 2 x Plug sockets(low voltage)
- Dustbins & dustpan/brush
- Inside & outside light
- Inside & outside coat hooks
- Outside shoe rack
- Own Picnic Bench with BBQ area
- Camp Fire Pit
- FREE Car Parking bedside pod
- FREE WIFI access
- Child Friendly environment include Kids play area
- Recycle Bins
- Outside toilet & token operated shower block (£1 per token)
- Fresh drinking Water
- Glitchen – Fully equipped Kitchen, Seats up to 20 persons, Communal Fridge, Kettle, Toaster, Microwave, Oven, all crockery & cutlery etc supplied
- Onsite Coffee Pod (see we sell)
- Wide range of Wet & Dry Activities for all ages – advised to BOOK in advance
Inflatable Assault Course will be running every night in the Summer from 7pm – 8pm. You can book this at reception on arrival, price is £3.50pp – see link http://carrowmena.co.uk/
- Sleeping bag or duvet & sheets (we can rent see what ‘We Hire’)
- Pillows, Extra blankets (for around campfire if cold)
- Warm clothes
- Toiletries, towels etc
- Wellies/old trainers (for wet time of the year)
- All Food
- Sense of Adventure
- Friends (with great banter of course)
- Camera for those memories
We Sell –
- Disposable BBQs: £5
- Firewood: £5 per bag
- Smores Kit: £2.50
- Camp Fire Kit: £7.00
We Hire –
- Sleeping Bags – £5pp & Pillows – £2pp can be rented, ask staff for details.
- BBQ Hire (2 hours)
- Large Charcoal BBQ – £20 (Bring Own Charcoal)
- Gas BBQ – £30 (we supply Gas)
Where to eat;
The Local Pub is a 3 minute drive away from the centre offer fantastic local food and great pints, see more info http://carrowmena.co.uk/things-to-do-along-the-north-coast-of-ireland/
Limavady is a 5 minute drive away and has a wide range of local shops, cafes & take away
Check in –
Between 3pm – 7pm (we require prior notice for late check-in which is charged at £10)
Before 11am (a £10 per hour charge will occur for late check out)
Check out the link for more Glamping pictures
Available on request if groups are 12+ people. Dietary requirements can be catered for.
What to do with Kids –
Inflatable Assault Course will be running every night from 7pm – 8pm. You can book this at reception on arrival, price is £3.50pp – see link http://carrowmena.co.uk/
Kids under the ages of 4 years can watch others taking part in the Activities, parents can take part in activities and bring young children along with them, we have a swing, slide, small climbing wall & football nets for all those kids with lots of extra energy that needs to be burnt off before bed time!!!
There are lots of trails that kids can walk/cycle along with parents around the Carrowmena Area, we provide maps at Reception
See link for ‘What to Do’ in the area
Dogs must be kept on a lead at ALL times & are NOT allowed in the Pods, owners must bring cages for pets to sleep in cars at night
- Coffee Pod – selling coffee, logs, BBQ’s, sweets, crisps, chocolate & cold drinks
- Communal BBQ and picnic area (sheltered)
- Patio area
- Camp fire pit with each Pod
- Toilet and Shower Block
- Wide range of wet & dry on/offsite Activities for all ages
- Kids play area
- Maps of local Walking Trails
Toilet/Shower Block –
Toilet Block: 3 x Males Toilets, 3 x Female Toilets & 1 x Disabled Toilet
Shower Block: 4 x Coin Operated Showers – 1 token 7 Mins (ask at reception)
Male & Female changing area
FULL payment is required at time of booking.
CARD DETAILS will be required on arrival as a security deposit, this will be returned upon check out providing the key is returned and there is no damage, graffiti or removal of Carrowmena property.
Respect other Glampers, Bell Tenters & Campers. We ask for quiet between 11pm – 8am.
There must be 1 responsible adult staying in the Pod per group who is over the age of 21 years., if this is not the case Carrowmena reserves the right to cancel booking with no refund.
NO electric cooking equipment to be used in the Pods, there is an outdoor Glitchen if required.
NO fireworks or fire lanterns permitted anywhere on the Glamping/Camping Site.
Smoking inside the Pods is strictly prohibited.
We allow a small amount of alcohol to be consumed in the Pods ONLY & ask for quiet after 11pm (otherwise group may be asked to leave) All 6 Cocoons can be booked by 1 party for private use but MUST be taking part in Activities
Carrowmena Activity Centre are not responsible for any damage or theft of personal belongings, so please do not leave any valuables outside your cocoon or tent if you go offsite.
ONLY Firewood purchased onsite can be burned in the Fire Pits, NO COAL
Please DO NOT use any branches, timber or other items you may find around Carrowmena.
BBQs to be placed on metal slate on picnic tables provided.
Glamping Pods are your home for the night so please treat them well. They must be left in the same condition as per check in. They must be left clean, tidy & free of rubbish. Use appropriate bins provided.
The Shower & Toilet blocks are to be kept clean & tidy. Use bins provided.
Children are between 4 years – 16 years
Children MUST be supervised at all times especially around open fires and the grass area & play at their own risk.
Carrowmena Activity Centre take NO responsibility for any personal injury sustained while Glamping, using campfires pits & BBQ
NB if looking to book for a Stag/Hen Party/Adult Party you must contact the office to discuss/make the booking. We are a Family friendly centre so availability will be limited. If the party haven’t given the office prior notice unfortunately we have the right to refuse your stay.
Additional Terms & Conditions: (these will require a signature on arrival)
We want the best for our customers staying at Carrowmena Activity & Glamping Centre and for them to relax and have an enjoyable stay with us.
Our site rules and guidelines are to assist with the smooth running of the centre and to take away the worries and hassle, customers are to respect other guest privacy while staying with us.
To reinforce some of these terms and conditions we are now adding a security deposit of £100 per accommodation which can be kept should the following terms & conditions be breached.
- An acceptable standard of behaviour is expected at all times
- We have a strict noise policy. This means music, stereos, musical instruments, shouting, singing, or any significant noise that disturbs the stay of other – noise to be kept to a minimum after 11:00pm to 8:00am
- Any abusive language will not be tolerated to staff or guest alike
- Any behaviour likely to led to a breach of the peace will not be tolerated
- Management reserve the right to ask people to leave the site at any time
- Carrowmena Activity and Glamping Centre operates CCTV 24/7
- If the terms and conditions have been breached zero refunds will be allocated
- Continuous breaches will result in the appropriate authorities being contacted and evacuated from the site.
More than 14 Days notice – reschedule free of charge
Less than 14 Days notice – £10 administration fee will apply
Less than 7 Days notice NO reschedule
More than 30 Days notice full refund (NB there will be a £10 Admin fee charged)
More than 7 Days notice we can offer a change of date (new date must be confirmed within 24 hours from requesting).
Less than 7 Days notice NO refund
*NB – Please note Booking.com terms and conditions are different *