Outdoor Activity Instructor
Seasonal Contact: January-October (start times may vary)
Hours of Work: 10 Shifts plus 1 Overnight
(Contract can to include Accommodation & Meals)
This post involves a flexible-working pattern, which will include evening, weekend & overnight work. It may involve long shifts and overtime will be TOIL.
Salary: Instructor Pay Scale – From £14,000-21,000 pro rata
(Depending on qualifications & experience)
Aim:To deliver high quality adventure experiences to a wide range of clients of all ages.
The successful candidates will work a variety of sessions throughout the week, weekend and unsociable hours including overnight duty. They will work closely with the management team to deliver the broad spectrum of Carrowmena’s outdoor programmes and activities.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Instructors who are passionate about Outdoor Learning and who will add quality to an excellent team.
- To deliver and coach all outdoor and indoor wet and dry, on and offsite activity sessions, as directed by the management team.
- To instruct and assist with the delivery of the wide range of activities in line with Carrowmena’s working standards and policies
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness of all equipment and all areas of the centre
- To meet and great new customers to Carrowmena from groups staying within the centre to family and corporate groups staying in the Glamping Accommodation.
- To assist with the cleaning and turnover of all accommodation provided by Carrowmena
- To be responsible for the all elements including setting up and taking down of session equipment, monitoring of equipment, record keeping
- To undertake maintenance and repair of centre equipment as and when necessary.
- To organise programmes of activities that promote and encourage participation and responsibility.
- To instruct groups in the safe procedures and careful usage of equipment
- To undertake any administration necessary to ensure the smooth running of programmes or activities, services and facilities.
- To contribute to the overall aims of Carrowmena and assist in the other areas of the business as required.
- Minimum of 1 National Governing Body Award from the following list:
- Single Pitch Assessment/Rock Climbing Instructor
- MLTE Climbing Wall
- UKCC L 1 Coach
- Mountain Leader Award
- ERCA High/Low Ropes Instructor
- SUP Instructor
- Archery GB Award
- Bush Craft Leader
- Outdoor First Aid Qualification (min 16 hour)
- Experience running & organising Activity Days with large numbers
- Experience delivering outdoor activities or training
- Have a passion for the outdoors and a can do attitude
- Confidence in working both in a team and independently and possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexible approach to working hours and able to work away if required
- Child Protection Course Training
- Personal supporting knowledge of a broad range of outdoor and adventurous activities
- Experience working at events and a good knowledge of running and setting up events
- Experience in delivering Bush Craft Workshops
- Experience in delivering Team Games/Building Exercises
- Continuing personal participation in outdoor and adventurous activities
- Experience of youth work or working with emotional, learning and behavioural difficulties
- Proven ability to manage challenging situations and leadership and influencing skills
To Apply: Send your CV complete with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how you need the Essential Criteria